Would you like to visit Romania?
Do you happen to be a citizen from one of the states that need visa to visit Romania?
Then you need a type C visa, by obtaining this visa you will have the right for an uninterrupted stay or for more stays the duration of which does not exceed 90 days in any 180 days period prior to each day of stay on Romania’s territory. The holder of a short-stay visa cannot extend his/her right of stay. Short-stay visas are issued depending on the purpose of the trip to Romania.
Here are the types of short-stay visas issued by Romania:
- Sports activities
- Cultural, scientific and humanitarian activities
Short-term visa is applied by Romania's abroad diplomatic missions and sometimes an invitation can be required.
Do you need an invitation?
Contact us, tell us your purpose of visit and we will try to resolve it for you.
Are you a citizen from a country outside of European Union? Do you want to stay in Romania for more than 90 days?
Then you need a visa type D, a long term residence Visa that is granted to foreigners for a period of 90 days, and which offers the possibility of extension for successive periods of one year and, implicitly, the possibility of obtaining a residence permit in Romania.
This type of a visa can be obtained by one of the following purposes:
- Commercial activities – for foreign citizens who are following to be shareholders, with management or administration authority of companies that are Romanian legal entities, and who are planning to invest in Romania;
- Professional activitie – for foreign citizens who are to carry out individual professional activities on the territory of Romania, in compliance with the special legal provisions on such activities;
- Employment (work) – for foreign citizens who are to be employed by an employer on the territory of Romania. This type of visa gives the right to work on the territory of Romania.
- Studies – for foreign citizens who are to enter Romania for pre-university, university or post-university studies, as the case may be, or for getting academic degrees in state or private education institutions accredited according to the law;
- Family reunification – for foreign citizens who are to enter Romania for family reunification;
- Scientific research activities - for foreign citizens who are to enter Romania to carry out scientific research activities.
- Religious activities – for foreign citizens who are to enter Romania to carry out activities in the area of recognised cults, upon the request thereof, or to carry out humanitarian purposes;
- Other purposes;